Dilapidations and Construction Defects
Dilapidations, a state of disrepair and a legal liability for the condition of disrepair, affects virtually all lease agreements between Landlord and Tenant. At Hunt Commercial, our team is able to act for either the Landlord or the Tenant in providing clear, unbiased advice and recommendations.
Subject to the when we begin our engagement with the client, in relation to the lease term, our team is able to offer various types of schedules. These schedules will look at the condition and specific characteristics of the property and outline the client’s potential liability.
Hunt Commercial is able to offer the following services:
- Preparation and service of schedule of dilapidation. These reports can either the at lease end or on an interim basis.
- General advice on the repairing covenants to lease, building defects in respect to ongoing responsibilities.
- Preparation of schedules of condition at the beginning of the lease.
- Repair notices. These are usually served on an interim basis.
- Dilapidation assessments to advise clients (tenants) on their potential liabilities.
- Negotiation of claims and on schedules served.
- Cashflow forecasting, the costing of schedules and assessment levels of the claims.
For further information, please do contact us on:
Eastbourne: 01323 700100
Hastings: 01424 404004