15 May 2015

Changes to planning regulations

Hunt Commercial would like to inform you of the recent changes that have been made to the planning regulations.

Please find the outline of the changes as stated below. We have also attached relevant links so you can read through all the changes through the applicable portals.

Firstly a development right, for a three year period, will allow storage or distributionbuildings (B8) to change use to residential (C3).

A permitted development right will allow amusement arcades/centres and casinos,

(sui generius uses) to residential (C3) use and carry out associated building works that are reasonably necessary to make this change.

The new permitted development right to allow the change of use from shops (A1), financial and professional services (A2), betting offices, pay day loan shops and casinos to restaurants and cafes (A3).

Also a development right to allowretailersto erect click and collect facilitieswithin thecartilage of their existing shop, for example, on car parks.

A new permitted development right will allow for temporary filming and the associated operational development for the sole purpose of commercial filmmaking.

A new permitted development right, which will apply to the installation, alterations or replacement of Solar Photovoltaics (PV) on the roofs of nondomestic buildings, up to a capacity of 1 Megawatt, subject to certain limitations.

If you are interested in any further information do click on the links below.

Major changes have taken place to the Town & Country Planning order 2015 (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/659/coents/made)

Town & Country Planning